Tuesday, June 27, 2006

Summer Dress and Bloomers
Sewing, sewing, sewing...and finally back to blogging. I've been busy working on a number of projects and collecting materials for others. I have recently acquired a number of beautiful prints and am mentally designing some new handbags that I would like to get on paper shortly.

The pink rose dress and bloomers is a gift for my little friend Baby Sarah. I love little girlie summer outfits and had this cute pink print in my cotton stash. It has been a while since I have sewn clothing, but it went really smoothly and I'm happy with how it came out. Maybe you will find something similar on Simply June in the future. Again, so many fun things to sew, so little time...


I have also finished a nice number of the hand towels and am waiting for a sunny day to photograph them outside. I'm thinking of doing a group shot with them out on a drying line hung using the vintage style of wooden clothes pins. I found some at a yard sale recently. They themselves are not vintage, but I think will give me the look I want in my photographs. I like photographing my wares outside as I can never get the lighting I like inside. Eventually I will invest in some better lighting, but in the meantime outside seems to be my best option.

As I mentioned, I have been collecting materials for other projects I would like to work on. Here is a bundle I purchased from NZBug on Ebay. Check them out at www.nzbug.com. They make beautiful children's clothing and once in a while sell fabric remnants on eBay. They sent me my fabrics in such a cute little bundle that I felt like I was getting a present! The first two prints are by designer Amy Butler and are from her Charm collection. The third is a beautiful almost gauze- like cotton imported from Europe.







































No comments: