Thursday, October 05, 2006

Petticoat Notecards

Can I tell you how much I am loving my new stash of wool felt? I am having fun creating these little Petticoat Notecards. The notecards themselves measure 4 1/4" x 5 1/2". The dresses are cut from a sketch I made after seeing a cute vintage dress in a magazine. The wool part of each dress is cut from the pattern and then I sit down with a pile of my vintage trims and bits and baubles and make that dress unique. All of the beads and trims are sewn on by hand and each wire hanger is shaped around a bead to coordinate with the dress. These cards are not yet available in our SimplyJune store, but will debut at our Open Studio on November 11th! Each will come in a cello sleeve with a coordinating envelope and the back of each card is stamped with our SimplyJune logo. They make a great notecard for any occasion and are cute enough to frame!






















































No comments: