Wednesday, October 04, 2006

Newsletter

Well, the very first SimplyJune newsletter was just sent out via e-mail. If you did not receive a newsletter, take a minute to fill our Mailing List form on SimplyJune's website and we will get one right to you. Also, tell your friends, your family, your co-workers, etc. so they can join in on the updates, project ideas, freebies, etc.

I thought I would include a shot of the technical corner of my studio. One of my favorite parts of reading blogs, especially crafty ones is seeing photographs of people's homes, studios, etc. I love how everyone uses space and implements design so differently. I love those keyhole snapshots into people's environments. As you can see in the photo, I use a widescreen Dell laptop - a wonderful surprise birthday present in June from my dear Jason! When I am up in my studio, I hook up my mouse and keyboard to it as well as my flatscreen Dell monitor. What, might you ask, do I do with this second monitor? Jason set it up so that I have dual monitors and can move my mouse from one screen to the next, seamlessly. I usually keep my e-mail open on one screen, while working on the other. The technical aspects of how he did this are way beyond me, but let me just say - it is sooooo cool! I can't tell you how out of sorts I am when I bring my laptop elsewhere and keep looking off to my right to read me e-mail and its not there.

Anyway, another favorite part of this corner of my world is my Parsons style chair that I picked up at IKEA a while back. It is meant to be a dining room chair, but it looks great in my studio and is super comfortable. Also, note the nifty "K" mug. I have been loving the below version at Anthropologie (but then I love just about everything at that store). It is actually very reasonably priced at $6, but I stopped in at the Christmas Tree Shop this morning and found this one for $1.69 - wooo hoooo! Feeling pretty smug right now...

P.S. Those mini-marshmallows are so gone...yum...

No comments: