Tuesday, October 24, 2006

"Miss" Cloche

One of the many reasons that I started this blog was as a form of creative accountability for myself. It is easy to jump from one project to the next and not finish things up. Who doesn't have that secret stash of partially knit sweaters, quilt fronts waiting to be quilted, patterns cut but never sewn. Okay, maybe you don't, but I forever do. This blog not only motivates me to finish up projects I have started, but for me to document them and tell you what I have been up to creatively. So, one would naturally think, while reading my blog lately that I have been in hiding and accomplishing nothing. But, I promise you, it has been just the opposite. I have been working like mad for my Open Studio and haven't had a speck of time to photograph or write. So, here is a little taste of what I have been up to. I have been crocheting "Miss" cloches until my arm screamed mercy. This photograph shows you a sample of some of the colors and ribbons. They are so cute and cozy to wear.

I am literally eating, sleeping and dreaming Open Studio right now. I can't wait. It will be so much fun to catch up with so many of you and to meet some of your friends. Please bring them, it is going to be a really special event that you won't want to miss out on. On the topic of dreaming...I have been having the worst time falling asleep. Does this happen to you? You have so many things running through your mind - things you need to do, things you want to create, crazy people you met during the day?... whatever it is. I lie awake just thinking of all the things I could be sewing and when I finally fall asleep I have bizarre dreams such as the one I had two nights ago. In it, I am auditioning for a movie. To set the scene...I am in a dance studio with folding chairs lined up along the wall. I'm sitting next to some kid from my high school hockey team (why would I randomly think of him? - I couldn't even tell you his name?) There are a line of people behind us ranging in ages. It is his turn to audition and he does some strange modern dance in khakis and sneakers. I couldn't tell you what I'm wearing... He finishes to great applause. I then watch a number of other auditions featuring all types of talents - what kind of movie is this? There are now two of us left - me and a boy about 8 years old. We have no talents listed on our applications. Ha,ha. However, bom bom bom, we both know how to tap dance! Conveniently, I'm wearing tap shoes! What a lucky coinkidink! I Shuffle Off to Buffalo and get my Screen Actors Guild card. I seriously need to get some uninterrupted sleep...

No comments: