Thursday, July 24, 2008

Domestic Goddess...

I had a number of inquiries about custom orders at ArtBeat this weekend. I'm always happy to take on a challenge and combine my design ideas with those of my customers. I finished this custom order retro style apron late yesterday. She wanted an apron featuring mostly black and white fabrics and was open to a little bit of color. I combined three of my favorite Michael Miller fabrics including this little bit of his "Domestic Goddess" print that I have been hanging onto. I keep all of my fabric in a large cabinet in my studio. It is folded and stacked and this way I can pull certain fabrics and create by color. This retro green print just jumped out at me and I love the combined effect. I also added a bit of the green for the bias trim on the pockets. How could you not feel like a domestic goddess in this...
























No comments: