Friday, July 25, 2008

Applique in Circles...

Zandra and I made a trade a while back... she decorated my embroidery basket with some really beautiful papers and I agreed to applique a skirt she owned that had a sad little stain on the front. Here it is... I used a variety of Amy Butler fabrics and coordinating embroidery thread. It makes me happy...hope she likes it! I'm really inspired to go into my closet now and rescue some old favorites to style a bit...

Is anyone else watching Project Runway? I have seen bits and pieces of the show before, but shamefully have never watched a season before. Now thanks to my DVR I have been watching this new season. I LOVE it! It really inspires me. Some of the personalities are a bit big for me, but I love watching each designers process... Oh, and how much do you want to just hang out at Mood with all of those bolts of fabric...yum... Now let me channel Suede for a moment... Karen June is inspired... Karen June loves to sew... Karen June can't wait until nap time to go up to the studio and create!


























































1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What a great skirt! What a wonderful way to cover up a stain, maybe I should my skirts now : )I love Project Runway, it's one of my favorite non-CSIish show. This new season if off to a good start!