Monday, January 15, 2007

Babushka Buttons

I have been embroidering more wool buttons soon to be up in the shop. They are inspired by this wool Babushka Shawl that I brought back from Russia. It currently drapes a side table in our dining room. I love the vivid colors on a black background. We have been having dreary, rainy, winter days here in Boston - perfect weather for handwork and a cup of hot tea.

I haven't had a lot of updates to the shop in a while, but am enjoying this time of creativity and design as I come up with new ideas to share. Stay tuned soon for a new Simply June e-newsletter. I'm going to have a cute scarf pattern to share as well as some updates as to what has been happening at Simply June. If you haven't signed up on our mailing list yet, pop on over to sign up now!

4 comments:

laura r. said...

hello there,
i was over at posie & read your comment & was touched by your words so i clicked on over & O MY GOSH! THOSE BUTTONS! b e a u t i f u l.
kindest regards,
laura r.

Anonymous said...

Wow, these are beautiful. I need something like this to rejuvenate my old navy peacoat.

robin said...

Those buttons are absolutely beautiful! You're right, the black background really makes the colors look rich!

Karen June said...

Thanks for the sweet comments...I hope to have some buttons up in my shop soon...I also take custom orders. I'm thinking of adding some to my peacoat too.