Tuesday, August 07, 2007

Photo Glass Pendant

I have been admiring these beautiful soldered glass pendants by many designers. Jewelry should be one way to express yourself artistically. I have looked at many pendants for one that speaks to me...tells a story...expresses a piece of me... and of course like any crafster I decided I needed to try this technique out myself. So, here is a self-portrait of my new pendant. The photograph was taken in my Aunts' house in Greece. I doctored it a bit in Photoshop to desaturate the colors of the chair and hat and really saturate the blue door. I then strung some turquoise beads to really draw your eye to the door. The back of my pendant reads

"Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us. We ask ourselves, Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous? Actually, who are you not to be? You are a child of God."

- Marianne Williamson

This piece will be a reminder to live those words.


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Can't wait to see it in person!

Patty said...

Looks absolutely stunning on you! Love the necklace and the words of inspiration.