Wednesday, September 06, 2006

Savoring the Last Morsels of Summer

It is hard to believe that it is September already. I happen to adore the Fall, but there are always mixed emotions as one season leads into the next. I love New England for its seasons - each one offering its favorite clothing, foods, activities, etc. As I savor the last days of summer, I share with you some photos of favorite summer memories.

We spend many weekends during the summer at our family cottage. This shot captures a tiny bit of rainbow and those cotton candy evening skies of the South Shore. I think of so many things when I'm in this place. This is where my father spent many summer days as a child, where I did the same, where my husband proposed to me, where Kolya saw the ocean for the first time, where Lucas loves to run and roll in the sand and where I hope we will all have many more happy summers.

Go Red Sox!!! I went to my first Red Sox game last week! We went courtesy of the Scituate Mariner using the tickets I won through the Scituate Harbor Days logo contest. We had so much fun and so many new experiences. I have had a desire lately to really EXPERIENCE things in my life. I have so many things I daydream about and so many things I would like to try. I really want to take the time in my life to live these things. So, at Fenway Park I took in the sights (love the green green of the grass, red red of the soil, intimacy of the ballpark), the sounds (Let's Go Red Sox, Let's Go, Clap, Clap; Sweet Caroline, Bom, Bom, Bom...; the crack of the bat, the scream of the fans, the chatter throughout the game of game stats, fans cheering for players as if they were family) and the tastes(Fenway Frank, Popcorn - which they throw at you and then come get your money!)

I am working hard in the studio with some great surprises as I prepare for the holiday season and most importantly the SimplyJune Open House coming up in November! I'll keep you posted with dates and details...

No comments: