Tuesday, July 18, 2006

A Candlelit Evening - Part II

I wish I were writing this second excerpt because there were fascinating details left out of Part I. However, we spent a second evening by candlelight as the transformer blew on our street again. Such an event causes quite a phenomenon even on our busy street. People who have been hunkered down in their homes telling tales by their air conditioners, actually emerge from their dwellings and stand in somewhat of a stupor on the sidewalks while the shock of the summer heat wears off. Jason, Kolya and I of course hightailed it to our local air conditioned Target to pick up survival supplies - three flashlights and a new lighter. After, returning home and tucking our babe into bed with flashlights, we settled down to another night of storytelling and mending - I mean watching another movie on my laptop.

As I mentioned in an earlier post, I took a trip to Global Thrift in Waltham last weekend and here is one of my delicious finds (49 cents each!). I love this shade of petal pink. The cup is creme on the outside and petal pink on the inside. I want to sip strawberry milk from it and eat shortbread biscuits. Mmmm.




















No comments: