Friday, July 21, 2006

Birthday and Baby Goodies

I love making things, but I especially love creating when I have someone particular in mind. You know how a certain style or fabric can remind you of someone. We all have our own personal style and I think without meaning to, that is how identify people. I don't mean in a materialistic way. But, I identify with people in a very visual way - colors, experiences together, styles, etc. You can learn a lot about someone by the way they express themselves. So, when this
Amy Butler fabric arrived, it had by friend Elizabeth written all over it. Here it is as a purse and delivered yesterday for a special birthday.

And to a new Miss Elizabeth Rose, these onsies are on their way to you for your summer wardrobe. I made these using iron-on applique paper and some rose fabric from my stash. I sealed off the fabric edges with Fray-Check and machine outlined the applique both for added wearability and detail.

Happy Summer Weekend!

No comments: