Tuesday, June 03, 2008

Bug Expedition

Kolya and I headed out on a bug expedition this morning. With magnifying glass, bug catchers and bug jar in hand, we arrived at the Garden in the Woods ready to explore! Kolya has always been a bit timid with bugs. Especially for a child who is most happy when covered from head to toe in dirt. We had a four-legged winged creature in our car the other day who we named "Fred" and that seems to have made all the difference. Especially once he learned that Fred likes to eat lettuce instead of little boys. So, we packed up our gear this morning and headed for our adventure. I happily snapped pictures while Kolya chased after all types of bugs. I am NOT by any stretch of the imagination the outdoorsy type. This is not my comfort zone. I think I have mentioned this before, but I like my climate to be happily controlled by heaters and air conditioners. I don't like to swat at bugs, have dirty feet or that prickly sweaty feel. But, for the sake of my 3.5 year old son, who is ALL boy I will do it. (I did however wear a cute dress, pink Crocs and my favorite bug themed necklace.)

Here are some snapshots of our expedition...see if you can spot the hidden bug!




















































































































































































1 comment:

lgaumond said...

Beautiful pictures! I want to see the cute dress.