Thursday, October 25, 2007

Friends

I'm so thankful for my friends and had the nice treat of dining with two of my dearest at "our place" last night. We try to go out to dinner every couple of months to celebrate life, friendship, birthdays, etc. We always go to the same restaurant where they have these great circular booth areas that are almost like having your own little room within the restaurant. The colors and lighting are cozy and inviting and the food and wine is just delectable. We catch up on each other's busy lives and listen to the good and the bad. The time together is safe and rejuvenating. We have also started the tradition of bringing little goody bags for one another...some gifts funny, some symbolic, favorite new lotions or scents, magazines with recipes to try and share, books that have moved or changed us...always something to remind us and tide us over to our next dinner...

I made one of my favorite skinny scarves for the girls. I forget now where the pattern is from, but posted about it a while back. So, here they are...maybe little reminders that I'm thinking of them...





















2 comments:

CassieMarie said...

Those scarves are so pretty! I think they are from the Happy Hooker book by Debbie Stoller? I have mine lent out, so I can't check for sure, but I love yours, what kind of yarn did you use?

Karen June said...

You're right...I borrowed the book from my library a while back and loved the pattern, but it had slipped my mind where it was from. Great book! I used mercerized cotton for these.