Friday, April 27, 2007

Junkin'

Yard sales, thrift stores, swap meets, dumpster diving...whatever your pleasure. There is just nothing more satisfying than finding that gem among the rubble. My friend Monica and I meet almost every Tuesday for junkin' at the local thrift store. I really can't remember a time that I have left empty handed. There is always some treasure to be had and for a few bucks I scratch that modern day shopping itch. I am also convinced that God leaves a few little gifts there for me along the way... These metal kitchen canisters were this weeks find. I love their pink candy striped goodness and that classic 50's/60's font.

Monica was the first to introduce me to the term " Junkin' " and seemed right in keeping with what I lovingly refer to as her "Ohioisms". Everything sounds so much more quaint with an Ohioism ... I am in a terribly irritable mood ... Monica has a "burr in her bonnet". I need to get out of somewhere fast...Monica needs to "blow this popsicle stand." I need to approach a situation with my fists ready to battle it out...Monica just slips on her "Teflon dress", which of course looks very cute and classy on her. I think Ohio must just be a happy, sunny place to be.

1 comment:

Mindy said...

my mom's from ohio...i totally know what you mean :) xo, mindy