Tuesday, May 30, 2006

Rummage Sales

Well the other day I loved dish towels, but today I LOVE rummage sales. This is really my favorite thing about summer. I'm not really a great lover of the outdoors. I like being at the beach and enjoying the cool breeze, but I hate sand in my shoes and frizzy ocean hair. I don't like sticky hot heat and getting burned on my seatbelt buckle or mosquito bites, but I LOVE rummage sales. I spend all week obsessively checking Craigslist (www.craigslist.org) for new listings. I love words and phrases like "HUGE", "VINTAGE", "ESTATE SALE", "GIANT", "MOVING OVERSEAS", "EVERYTHING MUST GO", "MULTI-FAMILY", "CHEAP, CHEAP, CHEAP!", "FREE"! If you post it, I will come... Anyway, this long holiday weekend was a bit of a rummage sale dud as was to be expected, but I still made it home with a couple of finds including a jar of vintage buttons and an old colorful tin perfect for keeping more buttons in!

This week I'm trying to organize my studio a bit. It is really a mess and I spend more time trying to figure out where things are and what I have than actually creating anything. Then I have to move my crafting down to the dining room table because I have covered all four - yes four :) of my tables in my studio while trying to find something. I purchased a big box of plastic shoe boxes from The Container Store (www.containerstore.com) a while ago and I am slowly sorting through my stash and putting them in these containers to be labeled. Hopefully, along the way I will find those pretty labels I bought for such an occasion. I love reading magazines like Real Simple (www.realsimple.com) to find creative ways of storing my stuff but somewhere between idea and reality I get lost. :)

No comments: